The City has plans to plant more trees along Cowper Wharf Road to improve the look of the area, reduce air pollution and stormwater runoff and provide more shade.
Cowper Wharf Road is wide enough to allow garden beds down the centre of the road. The proposed works include:
- Adding four new garden beds in the centre of the road;
- Widening the road's median strip slightly in some areas;
- Planting 20 Sydney red gums (Angophora costata), five cabbage palms (Livistona australis), and small shrubs and ground cover;
- Removing some paving and relocating some flag poles to other parts of the median; and
- Adding drainage and new soil.
We invite you to view the draft concept design and have your say before 20 March 2015. Please send your submissions to Kristin Gabriel, Senior Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org