New open space on the South Sydney Hospital site
We have previously shown the design for the new childcare facility, creative hub, Matron Ruby Grant Park, community garden, community shed and Green Infrastructure Centre at the former South Sydney Hospital site at 3 Joynton Avenue, Zetland.
We are now seeking your feedback on the proposed OPEN SPACE around the existing Administration Building, within the South Sydney Hospital Site.
The facilities proposed within the Administration Building Surrounds Open Space include:
• Local scale playground for children aged 0-7 years;
• Active play space (for example space for ball games, basketball and/or netball hoop, skate elements and table tennis).
• A shared driveway which will function as the primary pedestrian, bicycle and slow vehicle route to allow maintenance vehicle, delivery access and overﬂ ow childcare drop-off/pick-up;
• A new public artwork; and
• New trees, planting and lighting.
The former South Sydney Hospital Site is owned by the City of Sydney Council. The City is redeveloping the site in line with the Green Square Town Centre. The South Sydney Hospital Site’s revitalisation will include the adaptive reuse of several heritage buildings and provide a range of community facilities and new open spaces. This will create a new and lively quarter, not only for Green Square but also surrounding neighbourhoods.