In Phase I we conducted research and engagement to assess Sydney’s current resilience and the key challenges facing our city. This included:
· Research into our city context – our environment, political, economic and social systems;
· A risk assessment of Sydney’s assets and infrastructure, and the key shocks and stresses facing our city;
· An assessment of the big trends shaping Sydney;
· An audit of the actions people and organisations are taking right now to keep us strong and prepared;
· Consultation to understand community and stakeholder perceptions of Sydney’s strengths, weaknesses and vulnerabilities
· An exploration of resilience theory; and
· Identification of the key challenges facing Sydney – the four Discovery Areas.